Amsterdam

Sunday, July 24, 2016



Hello again, it’s me, yes the girl that writes this blog, sometimes…

Remember me? I wouldn’t blame you if you don’t. I have not been the most regular blogger this year. Thing that I wish to change but let’s be honest, I said the same thing in the last blog post in … December? Great job, me! Anyway, I really wish this time is the one but I would rather not make any promises I can’t keep.

So, today I wanted to talk about my recent trip to one of my top dream destinations: Amsterdam!

I have developed an obsession with this city, I don’t know why. Maybe it’s the gorgeous pictures on Instagram? Let’s be honest, it’s probably it. I mean, how can you not fall in love with all these pictures of colourful flowers, beautiful houses along the canals and those cute bridges? This city is like Instagramers’ heaven!







In May, I had the chance to spend a long weekend in Amsterdam with my family. I was so lucky as I went just during the weekend when it was all sunny and warm. It felt like summer and it was awesome. The weather made the trip even more special as every single person in the city seemed to have decided to go out and have drinks in terrace which gave it a really nice atmosphere.

I did a lot of tourist things like the Anne Frank’s House that I liked a lot. I think this is an emblematic place I needed to visit as it is a part of my history as a French person. I also visited the Van Gogh Museum, the Rijksmuseum, the museum of Amsterdam and the royal palace. It’s a lot of museums, I know, but everything was very interesting. I particularly enjoyed the Van Gogh museum and its beautiful paintings and the Royal Palace was gorgeous as well. I really learned a lot about the beautiful city of Amsterdam on these cultural visits.

Of course I also did explore the city itself. I did a lot of walking around Amsterdam and I went on a boat tour to visit the city from the various canals. One thing I really enjoyed too was going for a long walk around the Vondelpark. It was such a beautiful day and there were a lot of people lying on the grass with their friends, having a barbecue (yes it is allowed to have bbqs in the park in Amsterdam. Thing that would never happen in France ahah) or doing yoga, etc. The park is so pretty and there are a lot of flowers and fountains. I loved it !







All in all, I will definetly come back to Amsterdam. It was a trip I wanted to take for quite some time and I have not been dispointed ! Of course there are a lot more things to do to explore the city even more so I need to go back, right ? (This is a valid reason, just sayin'!).


Did any of you visit Amsterdam ? What did you love about it ?





Ps: I am still learning photography so excuse my mediocre pictures taking/editing. If you have any advice to make them look of better quality in a small format (715x470) i am all ears. Those are the ones I managed to salvage, kind of. Promise, I’ll try to do better next time ;) 


M.

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires