#GIRLBOSS made me do it

Tuesday, July 11, 2017



















Hello there, remember me? No? Nevermind.

I should be used to writing hello-I-am-back-after-a-year-of-being-a-ghost post (just look at the last three posts below) but each time feels as difficult as the last to start filling up this page. I wish I could say it is the last time but I’d rather not jinx it.

This time, it’s a book that brought me back to this corner of the internet. #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso, the founder and CEO extraordinaire of Nasty Gal, was the kick in the ass I needed to start blogging again. Don’t get me wrong, this book is not a novelty. I have seen it reviewed countless of times already by all kinds of bloggers. Therefore I won’t give you the usual literature critique about it but I’ll only say this: if you are looking for a book to make you feel good after a long day where you feel like you have accomplished nothing, if you are looking for a spark of inspiration or if you are just someone who likes to read about women kicking ass, then read it!

For my part, I found that this book made me want to DO SOMETHING. I want to be creative, passionate and inspired in all aspect of my life, I want to have side projects and bring to life all my crazy ideas! If Sophia Amoruso could then why not me? I am not saying that I want to be just like her and build my own empire from the ground up and make millions and everything. All I want at the moment is to ‘get a grip’ on my life and start doing something with it, something just for me, to have a project I can call my ‘baby’ and be proud of. Maybe it is a blog, maybe it isn’t, only the future will tell.

All I know is that, right now, I found myself inspired and excited to give this blog yet another go. Because, as Sophia tells us in her book, deep down we all are entrepreneurs, it is in our DNA, and I want to prove it, to myself first and to the world, that I can do awesome stuff if I put my mind to it and work hard. A little bit of positive thinking and suddenly you are the queen of the world! So here I am, back to work with renewed inspiration and a great dose of motivation.

See you around dear reader,

Until next time


M.

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires